Asian and Islander that is pacific( females business owners continue steadily to make sizable gains in the usa. Based on the Center for ladies’s company analysis’s “Asian and Pacific Islander Women-Owned Businesses in america, 2002: an undeniable fact Sheet, ” there was clearly a 45% upsurge in the sheer number of organizations Asian and Pacific Islander ladies possess between 1997 and 2002. An calculated 358,503 majority-owned, privately held organizations owned by Asian and Pacific Islander feamales in america had been also reported, accounting for $49.1 billion in product product product sales, and using significantly more than 370,000 individuals.
Other styles in development among API women-owned organizations between 1997 and 2002 include:
- The sheer number of workers doing work for Asian and Islander that is pacific women-owned when you look at the U.S. Increased by 18per cent, and product product sales rose by 29%.
- About one-third (30%) of all of the minority women-owned businesses into the U.S. Are owned by Asian or Pacific Islanders.
- Asian and Islander that is pacific women-owned represent 6% of most privately-held, majority-owned women-owned companies in america. Asian and Pacific Islander ladies business people additionally take into account 10% regarding the total work of women-owned companies, and 9% of sales.
- API ladies business people may also be prone to have workers than are also women-owned businesses. Almost one-fourth (23%) of Asian and Pacific-Islander women-owned organizations worker at minimum one individual apart from the dog owner, when compared with 16percent of women-owned firms general.
- Over one-third (36%) of most companies owned by individuals of Asian US lineage are owned by ladies; Asian women-owned companies use 30% associated with the employees in Asian-owned companies and generate 26% regarding the product product sales.
- The 10 states with all the best quantity of Asian and Pacific Islander women-owned firms (on the basis of the amount of organizations, employment and product product sales) are: Ca, nyc, Texas, Florida, Hawaii, nj-new jersey, Virginia, Illinois, Washington and Georgia. These states additionally take into account over 75% of all of the API firms that are women-owned the U.S.
- At the time of 2002, the 10 states using the growth that is fastest when you look at the amount of Asian and Pacific Islander women-owned firms were: Maine; Tennessee; Montana; Oklahoma; Kentucky; western Virginia; Wyoming; Vermont; Alabama; Idaho.
- The service sector (52%) makes up over 50 % of the companies API women very very own. Around 15.2% come in the retail trade, while a predicted 10% are in Finance/Insurance/Real Estate, Transportation/Communications/Utilities, and Wholesale trades.
- The states where Asian and Pacific Islander women-owned businesses comprise the share that is greatest of all of the women-owned organizations are: Hawaii (55%), Ca (14%), ny (11%), Virginia (9%), Nevada, nj-new jersey, Maryland and Washington (tied – 8%), and Texas, Georgia, Alaska while the District of Columbia (tied – 6%).
- Non-traditional companies continue being areas aided by the growth rates that are greatest for Asian and Pacific Islander women-owned businesses. Companies within the agriculture/forestry/fishing sector expanded by 70%, and the ones in transportation/communications/utilities increased by 56%.
*The U.S. Bureau regarding the Census separated Asian and islanders that are pacific United states Indian and Alaskan Natives inside their “1997 Survey of Minority-Owned Business Enterprises. ” In past studies, both teams had been combined into one category.
Cultural teams contained in the www.brightbrides.net/review/seniorblackpeoplemeet/ U.S. That is asian/Other Census data are: Chinese (28%), Asian Indian (18%), Korean (15%), Vietnamese (11%), Japanese (9.4%), Filipino (9.3%), Other Asian (8%), and Hawaiian/Pacific Islander (2%).
Quantity, Employment, product Sales anChange that is percent among Women Owned businesses by Industry: 1997 to 2002
|1997(1)||2002(2)||improvement in percent|
|Total United States|
|Number of Firms||247,966||358,503||44.8|
|Number of companies||1,878||2,858||70.3|
|Product Product Product Sales ($000)||133,715||259,107||93.8|
|amount of companies||140||129||-8.2|
|product product Sales ($000)||D||D||D|
|Number of companies||2,972||3,418||15.0|
|Product Sales ($000)||711,228||562,784||-20.9|
|Number of companies||6,240||6,774||8.6|
|Number of organizations||5,628||8,803||56.4|
|Product Product Product Sales ($000)||757,811||1,296,468||71.1|
|Number of companies||8,185||9,963||21.7|
|Product Sales ($000)||11,019,906||13,022,510||18.2|
|Number of Firms||48,089||54,370||13.1|
|Product Sales ($000)||9,318,712||11,504,824||23.5|
|amount of organizations||18,757||17,171||-8.5|
|Product Sales ($000)||1,362,952||729,524||-46.5|
|quantity of organizations||133,721||185,314||38.6|
|Product Sales ($000)||11,106,181||14,333,170||29.1|
Source: National Foundation for females Business Owners, making use of posted information by the U.S. Bureau of this Census.
States because of the Greatest Number of Asian and Pacific Islander Women businesses that are owned 1997 to 2002
|State||Number of companies||Employment||product Sales ($000)||Ranking by Number of Firms|
|New York||48,262||20,692||$ 3,287,276||2|
|nj-new jersey||13,994||31,845||$ 4,492,572||6|
Top ten States utilizing the Fastest development prices into the Number of Asian and Pacific Islander Women businesses that are owned 1997 to 2002